Thread: Let's see your Neander Shop!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Brian Holcombe ruined it for all of us with his clean and organized shop. (Just kidding). Here is my roughly 12x14 shop. The house was built to fit the lot and so it is not square, which makes furniture placement hard. The wall to the right in the photo showing the plane cabinet is actually angled, so one side of the shop is 16' and the other is 14'. The air compressor is in the pointy corner made from the angled wall.

The bench isn't finished. The wood sitting on top is two halves of the vise chop for the LN chain drive vise. The pattern is for the leg vise. There is a longer half of the top on which the patternmakers vise will hang.

The plane cabinet and saw till was a found object. I posted a thread about that. I converted it to plane storage. The inside light stays on 24 hours a day to abate humidity. It works very well. No rust since that was done.

The sharpening area/disaster area is a separate room. The stove is used for cooking finishes, heating glues, and on Thanksgiving it serves as an extra baking oven. I unplug it when not in use for safety. I decided not to clean up for the picture. This is actually pretty bad. I am doing multiple projects and what can I say- I always end up with no time for cleanup.

Turn your our head sideways. iPhone pics never load right.

IMG_1597.jpgIMG_1598.jpgIMG_1599.jpgIMG_1600.jpgIMG_1596.jpg
    Last edited by Malcolm Schweizer; 07-09-2017 at 3:17 PM.