My shop is about 16' x 40' and so width space is at a premium. Take a look at these two pictures. I'm thinking about moving my Unisaw as far right as possible. This would mean
  • that the router would no longer be useful,
  • nor could i use that one cabinet much -- ok as that bay is not being used right now --
  • i'd have to cut the back rail of the table saw since it would hit the top. This should be ok i think as well.
  • i think i'd have plenty of room still to get to the cabinets even if i put a reasonable extension table on the table saw which i need to do.

The table saw sits at the same height as the counter -- 34".

So i'd let the bean on which the fence rides run just along the edge of the counter and terminate into the wall. Then i'd like the 24" of counter be part of the table saw top. The other thing i'l later have to account for is dust collection...if i keep this saw i'm going to get a shark guard and so i'd need the overhead dust collector to likely come up thru that cabinet...thru the top...over head or something like that.

two questions for you.

1) am i missing anything
2) i'm starting to think sawstop so would this idea just make no sense in that case?

IMG_8819.JPGIMG_8820.JPGIMG_8823.JPGIMG_8824.JPG