Thread: Moving - What to store and what to get rid of

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moving - What to store and what to get rid of

LOML has been offered a job that will require us to move to Europe for at least two years. I have been working for the past few months under the assumption that she will get this job by fixing up minor problems, clearing out clutter, and organizing things. Right now I'm trying to strategize on what what to take with, what to store, and what to get rid of.

I'm a little stuck and conflicted on storage. Almost everything electrical cannot come with. That means power tools, small kitchen appliances, TVs, etc need to be stored or sold. TVs and stereos will probably be obsolete by the time we move back, so I'm getting rid of them. What about the tools and small appliances? I'm not sure if it is worth the cost to store them or to sell them and buy new when we move back. At the same time, I'm probably going to rent a 10'x10' or 10'x15' room storage unit. Is it worth cramming it all in there and bear the expense?

What would you do under this situation? There is a lot to plan and execute to make this move happen and my head is just starting to spin!

Thanks!

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Mages; 08-09-2017 at 8:10 PM.
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.