On the PNW trip the portable bench worked well and I had almost all the tools needed, not bad for a proof of concept trial. Once home waiting for me at the local USPS office was a box of Boxwood handled Marple chisels, most were firmers. I'm missing a 5/8" and a 3/4" for a full set of Marple firmer chisels. The chisels are in good shape but.....damn that but, the UK sellers sure do like their belt sanders to make the chisels pretty for selling. I spent almost an hour on the back of the 1" chisel last night and I still have some more to go before it is flat. I'd pay twice as much if they would forget the dressing up for the sell.

Anyway here is a photo of the Marple chisels on hand. Now to find some where to keep 'em. For now the only answer is some of the little used chisels will have to go in a box or drawer and the Marple chisels will take their place in the back of bench chisel till.

marplesChisels170921dscf2026.jpg

I would like to end up with a full set of Marple's Boxwood handled firmer and beveled edge chisels and a selected set of their paring chisels but I'm not sure I have the patience for the chase.

ken