Using the table saw this week and half way through a small rip cut I picked up a very bad vibration. Bad enough to shut the saw down and step back. I took the blade off and turned it on, still vibrated. Took the belt off, smooth as silk.

The wife said, just buy a new saw, but I'm too stubborn for that.

It's tight in there so I couldn't see too much but suspected an arbor bearing. I had to pull the saw apart one way or another and even though I couldn't feel any movement in the arbor I still suspected that was the problem area. It's kind of a hybrid saw so the top comes off with the trunnions attached. It's heavy. When I got it apart I was surprised to find that the arbor pulley was broken.

Since I was into it this far, I decided to replace the arbor bearings, the broken pulley and the belt. I was going all out. The bearings hadn't been replaced since 1949 so they probably only had another 10 years or so in them. While I was waiting for parts I cleaned everything up good and lubed it with Go Juice light grease.

I got it back together today and it runs as good as new. Even had a new nickel standing on it. The lift and tilt mechanisms are so smooth that I'm sure they didn't work that good when new.

So for $70 I have my saw back running like a top. Will do a final tune up on it tomorrow and it's back in action.

Thanks,
Allen