Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
How's the dust situation with that set up? Seriously, I did the same as you for years, and you're quite right, no issues with quality of cut or performance. I upgraded to a track saw mainly because the dust collection is so good and if you're working in the field (or even in the shop) in enclosed conditions, keeping dust down can be an important factor.

Hi Edwin

I just use the Fein Vacuum. I think it's the original one, not the Fein II.

I've had it for a long time, no issues at all. The vacuum that keeps on sucking and won't die, ever. I rigged a little box behind with the hose in the back. It works great. In someone's house, I'd be cutting in the garage or basement...but have never had an issue with dust spewing all over the place. I made the box out of luan and put a magnet on the bottom of the box to attach it to the saw base. The dust go right in. I don't think I'm a genius or overly bright, but I learned a thing or two in the last 15 years---how to attach "this or that" to something to get the desired outcome

There a lot of people on this site with some serious cash, that's not me (I'm in the middle). For me to spend that much money, I have to ask myself if I really need it or is there another way to do it and save the cash for the item that I can't do without.

Example: I posted about the DeWalt cordless tablesaw at Home Depot (I don't think anyone responded). I bought it for $350 clearanced at my particular Home Depot. They even threw in an extra battery. Some would say why? I've been on more than one job where the power goes out and I can't cut filler strips or toe kicks. It sucks big time and has costed me the time of leaving and having to come back.

My point, that saw and the price I paid justified the purchase 3 times already since I bought it. The track saw and the price of it simply aren't justified for my particular position. Not trying to go on and on, but I sincerely hope that makes sense...even though you only asked about dust collection

David