Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
glenn, what service do you use to stream live TV ? Do you get most of the things offered on cable ?
I'm not Glenn, but a few months ago, I was investigating this to determine if that was the direction we wanted to go. Note that these services change over time and some are affected by geography. Hulu Plus for about $40 a month had all the networks for live TV (including CBS at the time) and a good representation of typical "cable" channels. It's also compatible with most streaming devices. YouTubeTV also had a good selection, but was limited to certain devices and was missing CBS. It also has geography restrictions for the networks. PlayStation Vue had a good selection, but, well...it's focused on PlayStation as the device. ATT's DirectTVNow is very similar to regular DirectTV in content. Etc. You really need to look at each of the services to determine what's available to you on that service in your area as well as overall.

In the end, I chose to just keep the "LocalTV" option from Verizon FiOS without set top boxes and do the $6 a month subscription to CBS Now so we'd have access to recorded versions of Colbert to watch at times better for us, rather than late night. OTA actually worked great...except for the one channel that I watch each and every morning that was "geography challenged on Low-VHF", so staying with the "triple play" was actually the least expensive option to get what we actually watch. My girls have their own streaming accounts that they pay for...they refuse to share because of how bookmarked locations in shows get lost when someone else decides to watch the same content.