I'm basically a hobbyist woodworker that has a reasonable shop with a decent amount of equipment and enough experience to use them. In the past I've focused on, and have made a good number of items as gifts: jewelry boxes, knife blocks, cutting boards, trivets, Christmas ornaments, toys, etc, all on the small side, i.e. usually less than 2' in any direction.

I prefer to work with poplar, hard maple, black walnut, mahogany, white/red oak, and ash. I’m not interested in making product for income - this is strictly a retirement pastime thing. I've also made a bunch of jigs that are used primarily on the table saw, router, bandsaw, and drill press. They just sit there ready to be used.

As crazy as this sounds, my dilemma is that I've run out of ideas and am looking for a source of new ideas & projects, something that is challenging in terms of design, joinery and craftsmanship. My daughter is about to give birth to a son, and I ran up a list of things to make: crib, toy chest, rocking horse, etc, but it came back that hard edges & corners of wood aren’t as forgiving as the well round corners and softer surfaces of plastic children furniture & toys.

I’ve read many woodworking magazines, but have come up with only a few projects this way. I realize I’m making this sound like an impossible request, and am embarrassed to ask as it makes me sound like an unimaginative person, but any suggestions for projects or online woodworking sources that focus on this type of woodworking? I’m going crazy not spending time in the shop and I’m not ready to sell off my equipment yet & give up woodworking.