Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
Not sure of your location or if you would want to do any work to a saw but in the last few weeks I have seen two PM66 (one green and the other gold) and a PM72 (what a beast) sell at auction near me for well under $1000 (including the buyer's premium). There's two more close by (both gold) that are very tempting and if the price stays under $500 on the 3hp single phase one I think I'll pull the trigger even though I'm limited on room. The other is a newer Houndaille (so of less interest to me) with a 5hp 3 phase motor but if it sells cheap enough I'd still be tempted. I've seen some other brands sell for cheap too. There was a nice looking General (they don't seam to have the same following as Powermatic but still a very nice saw) that sold for less than $200.
I say again, my area is the Bermuda Triangle for Craigs list woodworking. Just old rusty garbage and sometimes companies going out of business. From the looks of the equipment they are trying to sell I know why they are going out of business. Old beat up tools that would need major rehab in order to turn out good product.

I wish I could see some of the stuff you guys mention. This is one reason I wanted to buy new.