Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
Of course my perspective is skewed based on our past 50,000 years of evolution, but I guess in my mind, the question would be why "wouldnt" they? But again, that comes from a bias of our conquering ways. I mean it would be no different than the pilgrims sitting off short and sending re-con teams in to merely "observe" the natives as opposed to claiming the land of others as their own and annihilating the native population.

No news to anyone but its all the makings of the yin and yang of potential alien contact. The predominant side of it is the fear of ourselves (War of the Worlds, Alien, Predator) so we think all other life must of course behave just as as we do? Why wouldnt they? Because after all, we are all knowing and have been given dominion over the Earth. So we storm into new areas that arent "ours" and make them "ours".

Then there is the other side hoping (and perhaps praying), that the other life forms are so smart, and so much more advanced, that they are helping us get to a more advanced place for some beneficial reason (Contact, Arrival, etc.).

Personally, I like to believe they are much more advanced, so much so they've moved past the point of war.