Thread: Spraying Enduro clear poly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spraying Enduro clear poly

This is an edit and update to spare people from reading The entire thread. It's filled with valuable insite and worth a read. But for my specific issue, it Turns out my hose connection to my turbine was loose!

Hey everybody! So, I'm having a whole lot of trouble spraying GF enduro clear poly, and was wondering if some of the experts on here could advise.

What I have : Fuji mini mite 5 stage with needles 1.0 , 1.3 and 1.8. I'm measuring 24 seconds for the enduro clear poly out of my ford cup that was included with my sprayer (#4)? Which leads me to use the enduro unthinned with a 1.3 needle.

Project specs. Spraying 8 foot tables. Prep was sanding to 180 grit followed by water carried transtint dye sprayed with my hvlp.

Secific question is, am I supposed to see a blue haze with this stuff? Or am I spraying it too thick? I have 3 options and none seem quite right

1) I spray it so that there is no blue haze, it feels like it's going on so light that it's getting gritty? I can see individual droplets and they don't seem to flow out or coalesce. .
    2) I spray with a medium build, my overlapping areas have this blue haze, and inbetween the overlapping runs is clear. This essentially Leaves stripes of blue.
    3) I spray it thick, everything goes blue, but it just takes long to dry and feels wrong. Also, it's lifting water based dyes and ruining The dye job.

Any help?! Should I switch to the high performance? Or can you teach an amateur hvlp'r?
    Last edited by Andrew Goraj; 05-22-2018 at 6:37 PM. Reason: Directing people to the reason I had a problem.