Hi everyone,

I would love to get your input on a hopefully straightforward question. I have a small two-car garage workshop that I want to add about nine new receptacles on three circuits (one circuit per wall) around the whole garage. The garage is already finished with drywall on the walls and ceiling and each receptacle that I'm planning will end up being in it's own stud bay. I have already run all the NM-B from the service entry for the house over to the attic above the garage and am at a decision point:

I was going to drill down through the top plate in the attic and come down through the wall for the first outlet in the series for each circuit and then move to external conduit on top of the dry wall for the remaining receptacles, but then I started thinking that since I am drilling holes in the top plate anyway, I could just install junction boxes in the attic with three way splits and come down into each stud bay through three top plate holes for each receptacle and have a cleaner look in the shop with all cables running behind the drywall. If I am willing to do the extra attic work is this a good idea? Or would this be bad practice to have several junction boxes up in the attic? Thanks in advance.