I don't own a dust collector and feel that having something mobile for a few years will really be important. I just won't be ready to install ducting anytime soon. It seems multiple vendors are making mobile models. Jet and Laguna both have fairly similar (and similarly priced) models.

I'm attracted to these 3hp models because they're mobile and low enough for my 100" ceiling, and you can run it on a 20A breaker with a 12 gauge cord. Seems like a great solution for someone that isn't going to have dedicated ducting for a while. The big downside I've seen, at least on the 3hp Laguna, is that it doesn't seem like the cyclone separation is all that great.

So I'm wondering if something like this could be bought and possibly modified, or if I should maybe spend more time and money getting a better performing unit and building a mobile stand for it while at the same time fighting with my height restriction.

I was looking at the Oneid V models and they having a comparison chart showing how good their units work. But they actually rate a different version of the Laguna pretty highly.

I am pretty noise sensitive, so anything quieter would get my attention.

Thanks!