Hey, all.
i know there is a bit of a house divided on using your table saw as a router table, but that is the direction I’m heading as I put my shop tool purchase list together.

i am likely going with a 3 HP Sawstop Professional, but still have to decide on a 36” vs. 52”. I don’t plan on doing a ton of sheet good breakdown on the saw as I have a good track saw and the room to have that set up on a work table. Considering that, do you think the 36” would be sufficient or would you go with the 52”? This is mostly with consideration of the fact that I plan on using it as a router table as well. I have the room, so that’s not really the driving factor.

Next, I am not quite clear on how the router fences work (attach) with a table saw rail system. Are they all different and all require some type of modification? Are they dependent on the cast iron table insert you select? I could just go with entire SawStop system, now that they have expanded into the router world (cast inserts, lifts, fences, etc), but I think there are some parts of the system where I prefer other manufacturers’ offerings. For example, I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with a Jess Em Master Lift II, not the SawStop lift. There are also some fences from others (like Jess Em) that I like...just not sure how they flange up with the SawStop rails.

So, what are your experiences/observations? I am continuing to research this but thought I would see if I could learn from y’alls experience as well.

thanks,
Dean