I had a nightmare experience with a US seller of a desktop fiber laser system. I won't go into the details but the result is that I am left with a system that does not seem to work, and no support.
I don't know if the Maxphotonics source is bad, if the controller is bad, or if the software simply isn't set up properly.
This unit is the desktop style you see on Ebay and Amazon with the table and head that is separate from the control box portion.

Maxphotonics model MFP-20-C2NN4
EZCAD 2.14.5
Controller board is a BJJCZ Model LMCV4-Fiber-M

The red dot marker and galvos work fine. When sending the FIRE command, the laser appears to fire VERY weakly. So weak it can barely mark anything, but it can burn wood, so I know its doing something.

I have tested the 3 power supplies and all are outputing within parameters.
The lens IS focused to a point where the beam seems most powerful.

The green LED on the board is on when powered up, and the red LED lights when the laser is supposed to be firing.

In the software I have no idea what the various port settings mean or are supposed to be. I have no idea what port masking means.
I have no idea what the Parameter settings are supposed to be. There is no choice in the parameters for "Maxphotonics" as a source, by there is a listing for Raycus, and various other manufacturers of fiber lasers.

Currently the Parameter setting Laser Control Tab is set to Raycus
The Port tab has all ports set to "NULL" and all High/Low switches set to HIGH

In many videos I have watched there is a distinctive sound when the laser is firing....I do not get that sound.

What is my next step? Is there a way to test the source?

By the way, I do have all three manuals...software, source, control card....but they offer little help.

I don't really know what to do at this point.