Finally bought my first lumber! European Beech, 4cm thick slabs, naturally dried for 4 years... Will be doing the official "first build" and try to turn it into a Moxon style workbench over the coming year. :-)

While I have you here, I was wondering if you could tell me something about the sawmill I saw at the lumberyard. It must be some old DDR (I'm in Germany) tech, definitely older than the wall. The sawteeth weren't bandsaws, and it was able to cut multiple slabs at the same time. I might actually go back to see it in action.

Aaaaand, while you are watching this, I'm wondering if anyone here has a 60 1/2 *user* they'd be willing to part with. Over here in the EU these things are impossible to find and I have a friend going over to the states to enjoy Xmas with his family... He could bring something back for me.

Here's the pictures of the pile, the sawmill and the lumber....

http://imgur.com/a/pgYjD6A

I paid 1700€ per cube meter (which is the way we sell wood in the EU), came to approx 600€, including one slab of Ash for the leg vise.... I'm sooooo looking forward to working on this. I'll rip it with a circular saw together with a friend and do the rest of the build Neanderthal style ;-)

Greetings!

Bram