Up until this weekend I had a modest collection of parallel bar clamps. 2 Bessey Revo’s (31 inch) and 2 Jorgensen Cabinet Masters (24 inch). I personally was partial to the Jorgensen’s Cabinet Master design and decided to pickup a set of two more off Amazon (www.amazon.com/dp/B0742BTGYP). I was really disappointed to find out that the design was bought out (which I knew) and the current versions feature a significantly smaller acme screw. They’re basically they Irwin clamp from Home Depot now.

Then I found that Woodcraft was selling a 4 pack of ‘Bora’ parallel bar clamps for 99 bucks. 2 @ 24 inch, 2 @ 31 inch. I picked up this set on impulse. I haven’t had a chance to use them yet, but they feel like $25 dollar clamps. The head is solid, but I can’t actually see any metal. The moving head is secured by metal, but the clamping surface looks like an awful lot of plastic as well.

That leaves me to my question. What clamps should I be looking for?

Bessey Kbody - Used only? - Seems to be the original PB clamp and nobody is ever selling them.

Bessey Revo’s - ~$55 each and I’m not a huge fan of the removable face on each clamp.

NOS Jorgensen Cabinet Masters - Really difficult to figure out what’s New Old Stock vs what’s the new China design.

Jet’s - I haven’t bought any of these yet but I’m tempted to buy a 2x 24inch 2x 40inch set off Amazon (www.amazon.com/dp/B000F79022). They seems to get great reviews.

Axminister Parallel Bar Clamps - I’ve only seen these on axministers website. I can’t decide if the folding handle is a feature or a bug. (https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminste...clamp-ax945387)

Yost - Are these the Axminister Clamps in a different color? (www.amazon.com/dp/B07171C69L)

Anything else that I should be aware of? Where are people finding their best success these days? I really wish I could find somebody selling off their old K body clamps.