So I’ve been reading up on mitre saws the last few days and if I didn’t have real-world experience with them I would walk away from this thinking that all of them are incapable of making a clean cut or staying operational for more than 2-3 years.

Here’s the deal: I have a nice table saw and I have a nice crosscut sled. I want what a mitre saw would ideally offer..which is an alternative to setting up the incra sled and a way to quickly chop stuff down to size while minimizing waste.

I have a space that I could dedicate to it, but I can’t use a traditional SCMS that needs a ton of clearance behind the unit. Makita is out right off of the bat so that leaves the Bosch glide or Festool Kapex.

I’ve read a ton of stuff about the Bosch unit having a lot of slop at full extension..is that realistic? I mean I can torque any saw no matter the setup if I put some muscle into it..if used properly is it really an issue?

I would love to be able to pick up the Bosch at just about 1/3 of the price of the Kapex..but end game what I need is accuracy. Dust collection and weight are irrelevant to me.

If that means I have to buy the Kapex and replace the $200 Armature myself every two years (after the warranty goes out) then that’s what I’ll do.

What’s everyone’s opinion on this? Do I really need the Kapex?