Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
Those are T12 HO lamps. The base is called R17D. Those are energy saver 95w bulbs as the standard HO is 110w.
Good to know!

The mystery is why they aren't very bright. Correctly working ballasts and new T12 HO lamps are VERY bright, 6000+ lumens per bulb.
Well, fwiw I replaced one bulb recently (the burnt one in the image above) and it doesn't seem noticeably brighter than any of the other ones in *any* of the fixtures.

You could swap out the tombstones for single pin and use 8' LED. This works well as you can rotate the bulbs out to cover a wider angle and help make up for some of the LED issue with too narrow output. I wouldn't use these any lower than the 9' you have as they can be too glaring.
What would be the benefit of doing that? TBH, I *hate* working with 8 ft bulbs, start to finish, from getting them home from the store (have to make a special trip with the truck because they won't reasonably fit in my car, but 4 footers do) to disposal. I don't live in a metro area; some things that are commonly available elsewhere are... not so much, here. If I have to get up there to pull apart and rewire the fixture, why would I do that instead of just pull them down and replace them with LED fixtures of a known history?