Hello all, I have been wrestling with getting what i think a perfect joint in rail and stile should look like. So i moved from routers to shapers and now i have 3 older but well made shapers 3hp delta and min max. I end up making shaker stile doors very often. so I am asking about the only cutters set I have used to date which is a shaker set from mlcs it cost about $180 bucks for the set of bits to make rail and stile cut not the panel cutter.
after a lot trying i relized that the top cutter on one of the bits was not bored properly and i returned the set (the hole was at a slight angle)
the second i said what was wrong they knew about the issue. This makes me not trust there quality as you can guess!
so I have my new bits(from the same company) on my bigger machines and the joints look good when clamped but i need to clamp them to get them tight. The joint always looks open on the top before i clamp. My question is : Is it normal for the joint to need clamping to look tight?
Please any input would be great! I will gladly buy a new bit set from another company but dont want to waste $200-$800 for a rail and stile set if i dont need to. (ya freeborn tools are that expensive!)