Hello! This is my first post here. I've searched for an answer to this question before creating an account, so please forgive me if I've overlooked it. I saw similar questions but not quite what I'm looking for.

I'm researching making a coffee table for a client who wants a very water-resistant surface. They want to make coasters obsolete. I don't want to say, "Try to avoid putting cold drinks directly on the table, but if it happens occasionally, it should be fine." I want to say, "Put your cold drinks right on there and leave them for a few days. Spill them a little while you're at it. It will definitely be fine."

I'm open to using high-end products if they perform better.

Here are some of the options I've found in my research thus far (some from posts on this forum), listed in ascending order of how appropriate they seem based on what I've learned:
- Waterlox Original or Waterlox Urethane
- General Finishes Arm-R-Seal
- A skim coat of epoxy (what I have on hand is West Systems)
- General Finishes Conversion Varnish

A few notes:
- It will be a 46'' wide black walnut glue-up which can be expected to move seasonally about 6.5% (0.3in), so whatever I use needs to accommodate that without cracking or buckling.
- A satin sheen is preferable.
- I'd prefer thin film finish over a thick bartop type finish if possible.

Basically I want the finish to pass this test, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on all the different finishes to administer the test myself: Apply the finish on some black walnut, put a cup of ice water on it, let it condensate heavily and leave it there for a few days, remove the cup and wipe off the water. If the finish looks good as new immediately after and long after, then it passes the test

Thanks so much for reading all this! Any input is much appreciated!