Thread: Buying Used Tortec Speedy 400, what to look for?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buying Used Tortec Speedy 400, what to look for?

Hey guys, I have a chance to by a local Trotec Speedy 400,

*I tried to fix the title sorry to all you OCD's out there... *

I have very little knowledge of this particular machine, were moving up from a Gweike machine...

What would you check for , what would you look for on a used machine if you were buying ? Its 4 years old... And looks like its brand new from the photos have seen...

Main concerns would be the laser tube ( Ceramic? How do you reference trotecs lasers...) and its life span. Ive read up that it is very hard to determine HOW long they actually last, and thats fine I get it. ( My G-Weike RECI tube has lasted for 6 years and is still fairly strong) .

What happens if a Trotec laser fails. Recharge? New unit? Cost on that? It WILL fail, no one knows when haha Sorry for the ignorance I just want to know everything going in.

The seller knows nothing, how would I check to see what wattage the laser is? Is it Clearly marked on the machine? Im assuming in the serial?

Just curious on this for you owners who have had one for years and may be able to give me insights onto what to look out for!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Andrew Kazakoff; 11-21-2019 at 6:18 PM.