Thread: Grizzly G0632Z -stuck spindle handle-replacing drive pulley

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grizzly G0632Z -stuck spindle handle-replacing drive pulley

The much needed drive pulley replacement finally arrived today. I do not know how to swap this thing out.

It was unclear as how to access the drive pulley and replace it. One was to remove the spindle handle/handwheel and replace it or, take the control plate (where the digital readout, forward/reverse switch and other items are located) off, access and take the ball bearings out and basically take a significant amount of the headstock apart. That may be the correct procedure...and I'm fairly ignorant here, but it seems that the handwheel approach might be simpler? If I am correct, please continue reading and see the attached photos. I did try to remove the handwheel, but was unable to do so. The 3 set screws holding it in came out fine but the part itself seemed stuck. This prevented the removal of the side belt access panel.....as a result, this prevented direct access to the defective drive pulley with it's 2 set screws. I do know that the handwheel has to come off in order to replace the pulley...so how do I do it correctly?....tapping with a rubber mallet and other methods proved to be unsuccessful. The photos show the handwheel from above and the inside....the other picture shows the bad drive pulley and the belt access plate that sits flush on the pulley. If other pictures will help please let me know.

Advice on how to access the drive pulley and replace it? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you

SWS
    IMG_20191129_165307449.jpgIMG_20191129_204429274.jpgIMG_20191129_203503506.jpg
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 12-06-2019 at 7:33 PM. Reason: add model number to thread title