Thread: Starting a new woodshop.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Starting a new woodshop.

So we moved again to a newer house with less property and no workshop. So now I must start over again with a new shop. No HOA but some covenants, mostly a brick front. At 71 years old I decided I would have contractors build the building instead of doing all the labor myself. I still do some stair and railing work and this is one of the builders that I work for and they gave me a reasonable price. Unfortunitly they are very busy and the weather in NC has been extremely wet the last few months. But today was the day, finally got the excavation and form work in and tomorrow the concrete gets poured. I also need the driveway extended and some walk ways around the back of the house, so the numbers keep going up. I really hope this is the last one and while I'm looking forward to having a shop, the work ahead of me is daunting.

The shop will measure 20' x 36', 15' feet to the peak with vaulted ceiling. Insulated, rocked and spackled, 100 amp service, one overhead door (16' x 7') one man door and 4 oversize windows. I'll try and keep you updated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard