I'm making a jewelry box with hinged lid and two drawers. Pretty significant undertaking for me. I am working with some decent cherry, some of which is figured. I am getting some significant tearout on the figured part of the wood on my Delta 15" planer. How do I minimize this? I have the small panels planed down to 5/8" so far and will be planing down to 1/2" for a jewelry box I'm making for a family member. I've only made one other small jewelry box, very simple (no hinge or drawers), in my life. I cant afford to buy a shelix head with carbide blades, so what is left to do that may help? When I started seeing the tearout, I started misting the figured part of the boards to soften the fibers, thinking that may help. Maybe if I wait a couple of minutes for water to soak in or maybe take lighter cuts that may help? I've never had the "pleasure" of working with figured wood before so this is new to me. Not sure how sharp my blades are, installed in 2015 when I bought and rehabbed the planer. I do use it about once a month, but not that much. It seems to cut nice and smooth on non figured hardwood boards. Any tips appreciated on minimizing tearout! Randy