Thread: Problems running a paddle switch w a TECO L510 VFD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problems running a paddle switch w a TECO L510 VFD

I purchased a Powertec (model 71007) paddle switch to serve as external START/STOP control for a TECO L510 VFD on my 3 phase tablesaw. The TECO controls operate the saw just fine but I can't get the paddle switch to work. I've tried a few different wiring configurations and nothing seems to work.

• I'm running two wires from the switch; one wire into the COM one into the S1 circuit. I only want START/STOP
    • The external control parameters have been successfully set to 00-02=1
    • The switch, according to a Q&A on Amazon is not magnetic. The Powertec site itself doesn't state whether it is or is not.

I suspect the problem is either the switch is magnetic or the wiring at the switch could be in the wrong spots. I did read an old post on another website while researching my problem that mentioned a jump between the input and output. Tried that without any success.

The diagram for the switch appears to be on its side based on "Load" and "Line" markings on the physical switch which has only added to my confusion. (See photo of physical switch which is held in mounting position)

If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patrick Curry; 06-30-2020 at 4:30 PM.