Thread: Hand Tool Storage Added

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hand Tool Storage Added

I work from an 8' long free standing split top Ruobo style bench that does not have a "back wall" running parallel to the main run of the bench. I very much prefer the benefits of working from the free standing bench as it allows me to have different tasks on the go from different areas, but I don't have tons of tool storage close to hand. I have a tool cabinet mounted below the top on one end and I store planes, dovetailing accessories and a saw vise on shelves at the other end. I have been storing my chisels in a couple-three caddys that slide around in the gap between my split tops and I have a sliding tray to keep my marking gauges close by. I wanted to move the chisels from sticking above the split tops and bring in some more hand tools closer to the action so I built a rolling cart that lives under the least-used end of my bench for that purpose. Note that I hardly ever need to use a holdfast at that extreme end of the bench, but can roll the cart out if required. The top of the cart does allow for my bench dogs (on the left hand split top as it is viewed in the photos) to be used.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David Eisenhauer; 09-02-2020 at 8:41 PM.
    David