Thread: Oneway Vari-grind 2? Decent Instructions?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oneway Vari-grind 2? Decent Instructions?

I purchased the vari-grind 2 jig to go along with my Wolverine setup. The basic Wolverine setup seems pretty intuitive.

However, the Vari-grind 2 is another matter. The "instructions" it came with was a single sheet of paper with a few pictures and no actual directions. The included DVD is of pretty poor quality (resolution and production wise... come on Oneway, learn how to zoom in so we can actually see what you are doing).

Anyway, anyone use the Vari-grind 2? Do you know of any better instructions, or can you help me figure this thing out?

The video states to set the tool 1-3/4" deep. But is pretty vague about where to set the post for various applications.
    Also, mine has these little notches on the thing and alphabet markings on the bar. What are they for?

2020-09-07 00.44.19.jpg 2020-09-07 00.44.24.jpg

Also, looks like Lee-Valley only sells the Vari-Grind 1, not the 2. Is it the case that the Vari-Grind 1 is considered superior by many perhaps?
    I can still return it if need be.
    Last edited by Erich Weidner; 09-07-2020 at 12:00 PM. Reason: removed unfair statement