Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions. I remembered being given an old air hose reel (pic below) and will probably refurbish and put it to use. It's a heavy beast and will require a sturdy ceiling mount. It already has some 3/8" rubber hose, which is probably a good fit for the metal working area of my shop. I plan to also purchase a few more hose setups. The CoxReels and ReelCraft hose reals seem like good candidates as they are made in the US, my preference. I may also try a polyurethane coiled hose if it makes more sense than a hose reel. Overhead hose reels seem more appropriate to me for most of my applications though.

My plans for shop air consists of a 3/4" x 200' copper loop around the perimeter with only a few 1/2" drops with quick disconnects along the wall. The majority of the outlets will be overhead. One of the compressors is 5hp, 220VAC single phase with a 60 gallon vertical tank. This will be used to primarily maintain system pressure and for limited demand. The other compressor is 10hp, 220VAC 3 phase with a 120 gallon horizontal tank. I'll run this when needed but will use the larger tank to increase storage capacity. Most of the pipe and fittings have been ordered so I should begin the install soon. This should be a fun project and long overdue.
Hose Reel 001.jpg