Thread: Best casters for hydraulic lift assembly table

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best casters for hydraulic lift assembly table

I’m picking up this lift table in a week or so and want to try and have the right casters on hand when I move it in and put it to work.

It probably weighs around 600 (?) lbs by itself, plus whatever I end up putting on it. This will be an assembly table that I will put a torsion box top on.

I haven’t seen any specific photos of the base of the lift yet ie: where to casters will actually mount, but drilling a bit of steel is no issue.

What I’m looking for are high quality casters that will minimize the effort needed to move this heavy lift table around my tiny shop. My current (non adjustable height) assembly table gets repositioned very often depending on what I’m working on and what type of space I need around the table. Definitely need swivels on all 4 corners and locks due to the cramped nature of the space. The floor of the shop in this area is 3/4” advantech and is likely where it will stay, but there is another area of the shop that it may get moved to from time to time that is pretty rough finished concrete that is bumpy and not smooth.

I was looking at these simply because I’ve heard them recommended so many times and want high quality, but am open to other options if there may be a better fit. I have no experience with Zambus and really only ever had mostly traditional, low-brow casters.

https://www.zambus.com/products/ac-0600f.html

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phillip Mitchell; 10-16-2021 at 2:40 PM.
    Still waters run deep.