Thread: Need help restoring old Casadei EMA KS/1400 sliding table saw. Missing fence.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need help restoring old Casadei EMA KS/1400 sliding table saw. Missing fence.

About a month ago I purchased an old Italian Casadei EMA KS/1400 sliding table saw for $400. It did not come with the outrigger fence so I am going to try to construct one.

First some pictures then questions down below.

MPS00809 (Medium).jpg

The outrigger did not come with a fence.
    MPS00811 (Medium).jpg

There are 4 holes in the outrigger obviously have been put there to hold a fence in the front and rear positions:
    MPS00813 (Medium).JPG

You can see a crack in the outrigger where the adjustment screw for leveling the outrigger table goes. I am going to sand the corner round (for looks) and add a hold for the adjustment screw further in.
    MPS00818 (Medium).JPG

The left two holes in the outrigger table have eccentric inserts for adjusting the fence square to the blade.
    MPS00869 (Medium).JPG

MPS00866 (Medium).JPG
    My thought is to turn some round stock to make pins that fit into these holes. There is a stop in the holes to keep such a pin from falling through. The part of the pins that extend above the table I was planning on milling off half the diameter so there is a flat part of the pin.

MPS00857 (Medium).jpg

MPS00859 (Medium).jpg
    This is the aluminum extrusion I was planning on using for the outrigger fence. I figured I would make the pins as tall as the fence then use a couple of T nuts to fasten the fence to the pins.
    This is the best I could come up with for a replacement fence. I am open to other ideas? What do you think of the extrusion for the fence? I had considered a piece of box steel for between the two legs then fastening the aluminum extrusion to the box steel to make it easier to slide the box steel left and right but this doesn't really buy me anything as I don't see a way to make the outrigger fence mount at an angle for miters.

I have no experience with sliding table saws or there fences. All I know has come from youtube videos. Any advice on the missing fence would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Michael Schuch; 11-23-2021 at 1:02 AM.