Thread: Rant Warning: Long: CarveWright made it

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rant Warning: Long: CarveWright made it

By looking at the tracking number, I saw the machine was in Richmond last Wednesday. After waiting on FedEx for a week, I finally called the terminal and asked them to hold it and I would drive there to pick it up. When asked why it never showed up last week, the dispatcher said "the regular driver is out and the new driver couldn't find the address. The next two days he had to drive a shorter truck, so it was left off. There's no home delivery on Monday. The box was in QA on Tuesday and Wednesday, when you called that you'd come get it on Thursday". The damage to the box was terrible and the "fragile. this side up" tag obviously meant nothing to them. One guy said "It has a keypad on it. I saw that as I was taping it up. It's been handled a few times and the box tore".
    Thank goodness it looks like everything was still there. The software CD was loose in the box, out of it's sleeve, but loaded ok. The allen wrench for the bit adaptor was loose in the bottom of the box under the foam packing. One thing I was disappointed in from CarveWright is that I had ordered the complete set of bits , but they didn't inform me they were backordered. I got to see that on my invoice. I'll throw in a couple of picts, just to give you an idea. But now that it's here. we're off to do the learning curve thing. I'll keep you posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA; 03-10-2006 at 8:26 AM.
    Thanks, Ron