As much as I want to chop dovetails, I rarely have the time to do it where I'm not waking my wife as I like to go in the the shop early in the morning. My shop is right underneath our bedroom. I have a partial garage that was turned into 3/4 bedroom 1/4 storage area. I'm considering getting a shed to put all the yard maintenance stuff in and use the 8 X 12 space for a second, 3 season shop. Even this space has it's problem as it's close to the neighbors house and I still couldn't do any early morning banging. I guess that leaves me with dowels for carcasses and drawers. That's not very fun in my mind. Maybe sawn dovetail and paring soft woods instead of chopping, sounds a lot more fun to me.

On the bright side, I get to build another bench, a simple Nicolson bench would be cheap, fast and sturdy enough for a second shop. But I need silent holding as well, no holdfasts for morning work. I have that covered with a second vise I have and Veritas bench dogs and whatever you call that screw piece. Possibly another Moxon vise.

Another year and one half and I'll be retired and actually be able to work during the day, yay, can't wait.