As many of you have seen I'm in the market for a slider... to get a unit, new or used, that has a dro on the rip fence is both hard to find and very expensive.

I have one machine new that has one and I've looked at a couple of used that have, but am I driving myself nuts for something that may or may not be worthwhile? Mind you, I cannot afford a new automated machine, nor do I think I need one... but most of my work is specific product work that requires repeatable exact size pieces and I need to be able to do that. I have been using an incra fence on my cabinet saw for 15 years and I find it indispensable and extremely accurate.

My only real issue with it is that even though I have the 50" version you really can only get 32" of rip capability... which to me seems like a rip... no pun intended.

Now, it's so quick to work to the 32nd that I am quite sure it will be faster than a dro, but it might be a pia to adapt to the saw, as typical sliders have deeper tables than cabinet saws so I might have to come up with some custom pieces.

Have any of you adapted an incra to a full size slider? Do you think it was a good choice. Do you think a dro would be better? I could probably save a lot of money taking it off my wish list but I really need a good solution to fit my needs and budget.

I know some are going to say that on a slider I'll be using the crosscut fence more, and you're right, but I plan on using the rip as a stop...a lot... and possibly down the line adding dro crosscut stops or some other good alternative.

Anyway, appreciate opinions and ideas, thanks.