I just finished this last night. Total machining time was about 60 hours for the roughing, rough finish pass, and final finish pass on my CNC. The little Makita router ran like a champ, never even got warm after the roughing passes were done. Anyway, here it is after finishing with Danish Oil. I did no sanding; this is how it came off the CNC. The wood is Sapele and the size is 14 x 26"

There is more detail that could be gotten by running another finishing pass with a smaller diameter tapered ballnose endmill, but I'm not going to do that for fear of creating sharp contour changes that give an unfinished look, which is what happened the first time I ran this. That means some of the lettering isn't as clear as it could be, which I would like to be able to mill separately, but I don't know how to parse that out of the STL file. So this is it. The level of detail is still pretty amazing, with all sorts of things going on in the background.

I'm continually impressed with what my CNC is capable of. And before anyone says, yeah, but you're just pushing the button and the machine does everything for you, I'll point out that there is a lot of decision making and trial and error involved in selecting the right milling bits, sequence, speeds and feeds, and several other parameters that make for success or failure.

John

John