I picked up a Laguna 16 / Meber 400 bandsaw for $250 and tuned it up and added a Kreg fence.

The saw runs well and has a 1.75 hp single phase motor.

I'm using Timber Wolf blades and they cut well. I can say confidently that this particular saw takes a 130 in blade (some other versions of the same model apparently use 124 in). Thanks to Suffolk Machinery for their excellent customer service.

Laguna 16 Full View.jpgLaguna Tools 16 w Kreg Fence.jpgLaguna Right Side w Dust.jpgLaguna 16 Meber 400 Motor Nameplate.jpgAdjustment screws replaced.jpg10-32 Alloy w Nylon Tip.jpg.25-20 304 ball point set screw.jpg

I bought the Kreg 14" kit, but of course it needed some modification. First, the OEM fence is designed to be removed when changing the blade, but is not a very good fence. And I had to drill and tap four holes in the edge of the table, set the fence guide, then cut a slot out of the fence guide. Worked out ok. Just don't look too close.

I found the nylon screws that come with the Kreg to be pretty bad. Very loose fit, and low quality. So I bought replacements from McMaster Carr - a 1/4-20 x 3/4 stainless ball point set screw, and a 10-32 alloy set screw with nylon tip. I put a little thread sealant on them to prevent backing out. I think this is an upgrade...time will tell.

Also changed out the OEM 4" dust ports for 2.5" ports and hooked it up to my DC.