Until recently I had two email accounts with gmail. Not two long ago I had four email accounts. One was with the telephone company where we used to live. Another was with a Users Group that disbanded earlier this year.

I did a reset on my Chrome Browser due to some slowness issues and other things. It seems the password on one account using my initials & name wasn't what I thought it was.

Gmail seem to not have any system of recovery for my situation. I do not have a cell phone for them to send me a text. And it appears when the account was started my phone company email was used as a back up email.

Now it appears I am locked out of the account for too many attempts at trying to determine what my password may have been.

Anyone have any experience with this or ideas on getting gmail to let me get back to my old account?

If nothing else, this can be a warning to others to make sure all of you back ups are still valid.

I'm going through the process of trying to get all of my banking, bill paying and other stuff that was tied to that email eddress moved over to my other account.

This also means creating another email as a back up account. Anyone know of a good, free email provider.

TIA,

jtk