Thread: Superb Stanley (Wards) 45 on the Auction Site

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Superb Stanley (Wards) 45 on the Auction Site

I was just looking at the auction site, and there is a Wards combination plane for sale. It is clearly a Stanley 45, and the frame even has "45" cast in it.

The plane looks like it is brand new and has not been used. There are no irons, but I don't think you will ever find a nicer one. The original bill of sale is included, and the date is 1948, the price back then was $19.50.

It is not mint, as I see a bit of what appears to be very thin surface corrosion in a tiny number of spots.

It is listed as "buy it now," the price is $225, with the shipping of $21.95.

If you want a user and don't care that it is marked Wards instead of Stanley I don't think you will find a nicer one, but again you will need to buy irons for it.

It is sold as is with only those parts shown, whether any are missing, I have not taken the time to determine.

At any rate, it looks darned nice. If you do a search for Stanley 45 Montgomery Ward plane it should show up. It is certainly a lot nicer than the 45 I have, but since I have one 45, I am not needing a second, at least not at this time.

Regards,

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 08-05-2023 at 11:11 PM.