A question for those with experience of having a typical hobbyist garage woodshop where neighbors' homes are very close either side--say 5 to 15 feet between exterior walls--how much of an issue has your woodshop noise been to neighbors and how practical is it to run a tablesaw, planer, router, etc. etc. in the amount and frequency that go along with doing machine /power tool hobby woodworking without unduly annoying neighbors?

Obviously, some people are incredibly tolerant while others love to complain, but for purposes of this question let's assume average, middle of the road people for neighbors. Let's also assume doing the woodworking only during normal hours, with the garage door closed and a couple days a week. And let's assume noise levels are not so great as to violate local ordinances, HOA rules or whatever, so it's not a question of how much noise a property owner has a legal right to make but rather about wanting to be respectful of other people.

I'm asking this because my wife and I are contemplating moving sometime in the next few years, potentially to a community where almost certainly we'd be in a single family home on an (otherwise) quiet street with very close neighbors--I attach pictures that illustrate the idea. Right now, my shop is in a semi-rural setting where there's a few hundred feet to neighbors' homes, people do things like running a chainsaw for an hour or two, and so currently noise is not an issue at all.
W3.jpgW1.jpg