Thread: A Christmas Wish

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A Christmas Wish

An ongoing gripe I have is that very few of the more specialized suppliers of tools will post the COO (Country Of Origin) in the description.
    Maybe the Super-high-end suppliers do, but in that case I doubt if they are using any country outside the US/CN or W. Europe.
    Not talking about the big (or not so big) machines.

Lee Valley will mention it if the COO is Canada or Japan.
    Infinity Tools might post it but I can't recall for certain.
    Taylor Tools doesn't post it unless it is made in the US.
    Same with Peachtree, only posts CCO if it is US.
    Woodpeckers does not for the very few tools they don't make.
    I'm just naming a few off the top of my head... I know there are many more.

And you can't assume that if no COO is listed then the tool is made somewhere in China or Taiwan or Korea.
    It could be made in India, Pakistan, Poland, The Czech republic...
    Even if the seller has it listed on Amazon (which I think requires a COO in the description) the COO listed may be incorrect.
    I have found that to be the case many times.

It just gets really old having to contact suppliers to learn the COO of something, and then it may only send a boilerplate reply, or not answer the question I am asking.
    It's really a simple question: "Where is item [part#] manufactured? ", and I emphasize 'manufactured'.
    It's amazing that so many CS reps apparently don't understand English (or maybe it's the multi-syllabic word "manufactured" that stumps them )
    I am "running out of time" and I just hate wasting it on back and forth emails, that would be unnecessary if the COO was posted at the end of the tool description.

So my Christmas Wish (after Peace on Earth, which we sorely need) is that suppliers post the COO of an item.
    (Yep, I know...Good luck with that.")
    Last edited by Patty Hann; 12-18-2023 at 11:12 PM.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”