Thread: LT 18 Resaw Master new motor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LT 18 Resaw Master new motor

I have an LT18 that I've had for a few years that is in need of a new motor. It still runs but it goes to max current (25A) as soon as you turn it on even with no load. I took it to a motor guy and he confirmed my diagnosis that it has shorted winding and it won't last long. The vintage if it matters is 1998. Since it is the resaw master version it has the 4.5hp (?) Italian motor currently. So what is the best way to go for a replacement motor? I've been trying to get a hold of Laguna for the last several days but I guess they are gone for the holidays. In researching it I saw where Laguna was offering a Baldor 3HP upgrade kit with an adapter plate but I don't see anything recent on this so I'm guessing they aren't doing it anymore. I saw a 3hp motor on their web site for $540 but there was no description or brand designation. I think they are deploying Baldor motors currently so is this one a Baldor ? I don't know that I'll be doing any huge resaw work so I was thinking a 3hp would be adequate, hopefully no regret if I go that way.
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.
    ...robert
    Last edited by robert totorica; 12-25-2023 at 2:45 AM. Reason: Spelling