So, over a year ago I needed to buy new work boots. Looked over a lot of different options and ended up selecting the Redwing Truwelt:

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/me...elt-04499.html

IMG_1067.jpg

When looking at Redwing boots, there where a lot of conflicting reviews. Many people who tried certain boots gave a poor review indicating that these boots did not last as long as they should. I did notice that most of these negative reviews were on the "Mid-Duty" line of Redwing boots. Most people will probably be just fine with these, but if you're in an industry that is very hard on boots, the Mid-Duty may not work out. These Truwelt boots are in the Heavy Duty line. Apparently, they were not available for several years.

The main reasons I bought these were:
- Waterproof
- Steel toe
- Metatarsal Guard
- Height

After trying on some lower profile boots, I determined I liked the taller boots. My old boots are 9" Harley Davidson motorcycle boots (which have held up amazingly well for 20 years).

That being said, after about 8 months of using them, there were a couple things that became a challenge:

- Boots did not have as much ankle support as I would wish
- The Redwing boots are very much larger in physical size than normal
- While the laces are fine, I missed having the ability to just slip on and zip up the boot like my Harley Davidson's.

Don't get me wrong. These boots are excellent in build quality and are pretty much like feet armor if you are working on a concrete floor with heavy material. However, I never felt comfortable with using a ladder. I would actually trip walking up normal house stairs because the boot was so HUGE in comparison to the Harley Davidson.

So, I went looking for a second set of boots....