I am a leader in the Boy Scouts of America in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of the activities that I help with is organizing overnight campouts for Cub Scouts and their families in the Bay Area. We invite 150 Cub Scouts and Family Members up to one of our Scout Reservations and provide a weekend program of Scouting activities, including a woodworking and leatherworking area. We run 6 camps a year so around 900 people served, all served by high schoolers volunteering to run the camp for the Cubs and their families. We call these Cub-ONs, where the ON stands for OverNight

A few years ago our main camp near Santa Cruz, CA, Cutter Scout Reservation, burned to the ground in a wildfire, taking with it all of our tools and buildings. Rebuilding will be more than a decade in the doing, if ever.

In the meantime we are using a secondary camp to provide our program and I am trying to restore our woodworking area. I can get donations of raw lumber and leather but tools are a challenge. So I'm reaching out to this group in case anyone has some second quality or extra tools they might be willing to donate. We can't let the Cubs use power tools, hand tools only. That's why I'm targeting this forum.

Specifically, I'd like to get 6-8 of each of the items on this list:
Claw hammers
Toolbox saws (12-inch-ish)
Coping saws and blades
Hand drills, either brace and bit or hand crank eggbeater style or other hand drills
Measuring tapes
Sanding blocks
Pliers
Handy clamps, C-clamps
Screwdrivers
Rulers
Leather working tools, stamps, etc

I can't offer you tax documents for the donation but if anyone has any extra items they would be willing to send me I will get these in the hands of small kids who will have a blast building whatever they can imagine. My 18 year old son, who is an Eagle Scout, is the one who will be running the woodworking station and he says building simple projects was his favorite part of this camp experience.

My address, if you'd be willing to send them to me
Todd McGee
PO Box 370706
Montara, CA 94037

Thank you very much for any consderation you can lend us.

Yours in Scouting - Todd