I ordered a switch from Amazon that arrived today. When reviewing my order I noticed a "Report any Issues" link (it may have been worded differently).

I noted how the description did not mention the current rating. It also didn't mention the connectors were made for a particular gauge of solid wire (I forgot to mention that in my report). I also mentioned that the description listed it as a single position switch. This is different than a switch to be found in most homes. It is designed to not need a junction box to mount in.

The switch has three circuits inside, one for ground, one for neutral and one for the line. The switch that needed replacing only had the line being switched. The ground and neutral were hard wired through.

The replacement switch had both the line and the neutral switched. The problem was they worked opposite of each other. When the neutral contact was closed the line would be open and vice versa. It was either not described properly or there was a defect in the manufacturing process. I'm thinking this could maybe work for a two-way circuit.

The shipping tracking was also kind of screwy.

jtk