I'm finishing up a display cabinet build (for my whiskey collection). Building doors now. They are roughly 44" tall X 18" wide. 3/8" overlay onto the cabinet. The rails are 3.25" in width and the stiles are 2.75" in width. There is a middle span rail as well, roughly 2/3 from the bottom. I am cutting a rabbit for 1/8" glass panels after I get the doors assembled and flat. Material is cherry, .750" in width.

I was going to use traditional R&S joinery with a router bits set I have for that purpose, but I want shaker style doors, and my bit set is not that style. I figured I'd just cut the pieces for simple loose tenon joinery with my domino. Now I'm wondering what size tenons to use, and if I need to use two each, at each joint, or do I really need that much tenon?? My plan was to use 2 ea 8X50 tenons. I already have my pieces cut to length and marked to do that, but I was watching a DIY show, and the Festool rep (Serg?) used a single 6X40 tenon at each joint. Smaller doors than I'm making, but not by much. And he cut the stile mortice using the middle domino setting. I was planning to cut them all with the tight setting....

For these doors, what size tenon would you use? One per joint, or two? Tight mortice cut on both stile and rail, or just one side?

And for the domino haters of the group, I'm already committed to this form of joinery, so there is no need for loose tenon hate if you feel like adding non-helpful commentary.....