if Sawstop states that they saved 100 fingers a month and the reality is 90 of them wouldn't have happened on a regular saw, they have still saved 10, it's all good. don't have a problem with Sawstop. I am just a believer that knowledge is the best way to stay safe overall, it gives you the ability to understand what you are doing, how to plan and make the right decisions on handling materials and machining them. Human nature comes into play even with people that know, shortcuts, in a hurry etc, thinking about the next task, not the one that your on. I don't like the destructive nature of the sawstop, but it was a genius advance in tablesaw safety, the Altendorf version is very interesting, but the price is out of reach for most. The big problem still is that anyone can buy machinery anywhere without any knowledge whatsoever, tablesaws, chops saw, bandsaws, jointers, chainsaws etc. Friend of mine chopped a toe off with his lawnmower, I guess fipflops are not the recommended footwear for mowing lawns.