Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
I haven't done it and it wouldn't be practical with the small kitchen here in our "downsize" house, but it should be very doable with almost any of the small appliance lifts. Vacuum sealers are not as heavy as mixers and the like, at least any I've seen. If you use it enough that this convenience will be helpful, I say "go for it".
Thats what I was thinking... doable... and we use it regularly so its worthwhile for me doing something... I figured if somebody did something clever already, here is where i would find it.

I do alot of meat and cheese smoking and thus sealing of large things like cheese blocks, brisket, pork butt, ribs, sausage, etc. both raw and post cook and of many sizes. To handle this, I was forced into a more commercial duty type of sealer and it weighs over 23 lbs. I think our KitchenAid mixer is more in the 30 lb range, so it is a little more. That's why i was wondering if the lifts would be a solution or not. I can manage manually moving the weight myself (although i don't enjoy it), but my wife struggles with the size and weight and gets frustrated.

Like you suggest, i'm "going for it", but still looking for tried and true ideas.
Thanks Jim.
Brad