Thread: Looking for hardware similar to T-Track for use as cabinet bypass door glide

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking for hardware similar to T-Track for use as cabinet bypass door glide

I have a unique cabinetry situation by which I want to create a bypass door that has no visible bottom guide, to maintain usable counter. I would have one fixed pane, and two moving panes, as shown below.

My thought is to have a guide for the center panel that engages a groove on the bottom of the door... mounted at the right side of the fixed pane. Then, use a t-track or similar mounted to the back of the center pane, with a t-nut or similar mounted at the left edge of the right pane. This would keep the pane from swinging inward significantly.

I'm looking for a track and 't-nut' that would be relatively low profile and glide well.

Has anyone seen hardware and a 't-nut' that would work well? I suppose some sort of sheet metal and powerful magnet may be another option, but that may be loud. The door won't be closed very often.

As a side note, if anyone knows of some nice top hanging track/hardware that is low profile and suitable, would be glad to hear about that, as well.

Thanks!

Image:
    bypass_door.jpg

Depiction:

###-----------------________###
    ###---------________--------###
    ###_________
    Last edited by Aaron Connor; 04-01-2024 at 2:42 PM.