Been having issues getting consistent thin laminations for my outdoor chair build. My wide-belt sander will in theory only go down to 1/8", but in practice it won't go to that level.

Really thinking that 1/4" or 3/16" would work, but looking for a safe, repeatable way to make them. Might need to go down to 1/8". Something that a multiple of laminations will add up to 1.5".

I'm building a simple, typical planer sled to put them on. Will have to be 83-84" long, so a long sled.

My concern/question is how to best hold that thin wood/veneer flat on the board, and not tear it when removing it. I tried it on some 0.155" thick wood, and attached it with double-sized tape. When removing it, the wood ripped.

I've heard of sandpaper being attached to the bottom of the sled. Even hot-melt glue or a drop of CA glue. I am building a stop at the end of the sled, which should help somewhat.

What's the best approach for keeping the wood in place, and if attaching to the sled not having that really thin wood (veneer) rip?