My issue that I reside in the Middle East and procured the saw from the sole authorized dealer of Sawstop in another country, then having it shipped to me at considerable expense (shipping about $1000). Safety is paramount for me, especially now with my kids showing an interest in woodworking, hence my investment in the SawStop.

However, my attempts to reach out to SawStop directly, even for basic inquiries, were unexpectedly redirected to contact the dealer, SawStop's reputed customer service!!. This came as a surprise and disappointment! Despite explaining the logistical challenges of accessing the dealer due to a lengthy drive and border crossings, I was unable to get the assistance I sought from Sawstop, even by just simply reading my eamil and try to provide just basic information... they know their saws better than anybody! Very disappointing.

I enndup contacting the dealer. I am not going to deny, they genuinely tried to help, and as some of you suggested, their technician suggested a solution involving adjusting the belt tension by pulling the motor out by approximately ˝ cm and then tightening the screw insert. This advice seemed to contradict the manual's recommendation to push the motor rods all the way in. And I couldn't shake the feeling that the technician wasn't entirely confident in his advice. Given my lack of familiarity with these saws, I was apprehensive about potential damage to the inner mechanism.

Additionally, the technician recommended assembling the entire saw, including the 36” fence, to add more weight in an attempt to mitigate on-start wobble and significant motor kick. In my view this did not make any sense as the motor is jerking causing the table to wobble. Adding table weight will not stop the hanging motor form jerking!.

So for contractor type saws, how do you guys increase the tension? despite it not being mentioned in the manual, it would be ideal if someone has the CNS SawStop to give us his/her view.

IMG_6255.jpg